Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Where there is no vision, the people perish. This line from Proverbs has been the theme for my week. I must have a vision for the rest of my mission, just like I have a vision for the rest of my life. Over the course of a year here in Texas I've improved my gospel teaching skills, communications skills, and organization skills. Where I've been lacking is definitely my goal setting. Goal setting on the mission is so different than any kind of goal setting I've ever done. We had a leadership training this Tuesday in Liberty, TX and I just walked away from the meeting feeling so inspired!
Wednesday I had an amazing personal study session. I found a scripture in Haggai of all places that I love. Haggai 2:4, "...be strong, all ye people of the land, saith the LORD, and work for I am with you, saith the LORD of hosts". It was just a powerful invitation for me! I felt impowered, and recommitted to give him my all. During companionship study Hna Morales and I made a list of things we promised to do and asked Heavenly Father for help with other things. We promised to:
1.  Read, "Adjusting to Missionary Life" daily
2. Roleplay everyday
3. Write in our journals daily and write one thing we're grateful for
4. Work on 45 min lessons
5. Contact at least 5 people out of knocking
6. Ask for referrals from everyone.
I asked for help with our zone's goal of 4 member present lessons, 4 progressing inv, and 4 new investigators weekly, and help wtih not worrying about grad school applications. Definitely started those on saturday. Made the executive decision to apply for both Law school and the MPA program at BYU before I come home. This way my life is stress free at home. At least for a bit. :)
As far as people we're working with.
Right now we're working with
1. Hector
He's the husband of a less active woman who is coming back to church! He was supposed to be getting baptized this weekend, but isn't quite ready. He's working on getting a testimony of the Book of Mormon, and basically trying to strengthen his desire to read it. He comes to church every Sunday and we have really great lessons with him and his wife!
2. Esmeralda
She's the wife of a less active young man in our ward. We were meeting with her less active brother-in-law and her and her husband kind of just came in and sat in on the lesson. :) We have a lesson with her this week at her in-laws.
p.s. just a little fun fact.
We're getting iPads soon!
SO EXCITED!

Love



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.