Wednesday, December 9, 2015

thanksgiving 2015

The second week of December isn't that late for a Thanksgiving update, right? I got to go home for Thanksgiving, but the plans didn't quite turn out the way I had thought. There was a planned San Diego trip at one point, but we ultimately decided against it. We ended up spending Thanksgiving in a hospital in Newport Beach with my Uncle Job. We had cafeteria-esque Thanksgiving dinner, but it was complementary, so there's that! 

Even though Thanksgiving didn't quite turn out as planned, I still felt so happy throughout the break. It was an all around good visit home. Lately, I've been toying with the idea of going home for spring and summer, and I was feeling a little bit apprehensive about it. This trip though, filled me with a sense of peace. I loved spending time with my family and felt that if my spring/summer plans turned out, then going home would be a great decision. 

For family home evening, we prepared a package for Devin. We thought a red and green Christmas package would be too boring. Since Devin won't be here to see the new Star Wars film, we went on a Star Wars shopping spree in Target and bought everything we could find that had any kind of Star Wars character-figure-logo on it. 
We still stuck to our Turkey Trot tradition and ran the Long Beach turkey trot. I had forgotten how beautiful it is to run on the beach. 
^^Thanksgiving at the hospital
^^Just a little pallet decor that my dad made for Thanksgiving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.