Sunday, March 25, 2018

life as of late.

LAST SEMESTER OF LAW SCHOOL PEOPLE!
Thirty-three days and counting!
I always fall into the trap of thinking that every semester will be less crazy than the previous one, but I have a problem saying "no" to all the LATINO things. 
This post has a little bit of family birthdays, a little bit of Dilley, TX, a little bit of Latino concerts, a little bit of supporting Latino youth, and a whole lot of Mexican love. 
^^The eerie detention center in Dilley, TX. I thought it looked like an alien, X-files, type discovery sight.
^^Our BYU Law Dilley crew
^^I was REALLY upset when Natalia LaFourcade cancelled on the church's Luz De Las Naciones event last minute. I mean, I guess I somewhat understand because she left us for the Grammys, but I was still bitter. I opened Spotify one day and saw that Las Cafeteras & Flor de Toloache were performing together at the University of Utah and knew I had to go! My friend Nicole hooked me up with student discount tickets. I have been a big fan of these bands for a while now and their performance almost healed the sans Natalia LaFourcade piece of my heart, almost.
^^I was asked to present at Latinos In Action's FIRST EVER conference at BYU. I jumped on as an honorary panel member with some other super boss Latino grad students, and then hosted my own workshop to highschoolers from Granger high (my Uncle Job's Alma matter) about the good that Latino students can do for their community. I appropriately titled it Para Mi Gente.
^^Family dinner with the Swartz, our former 97th ward 1st counselor

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.