Monday, July 22, 2019

roadtrips with Xolo.

joshua tree.
Imagine this is a picture of Xolo in front of a desert landscape with Joshua Trees in the background. I SWEAR that photo existed at some point in time, both Misden and I have distinct memories of pulling to the side of the road and taking said pick, but it was nowhere to be found on my camera. If you squint while looking at the above photo, you can see a few baby Joshua Trees in the background. This was Xolito's first roadtrip, and such an all-around good adventure. 

Most days you'll find me driving up and down the 5 freeway. I joke to my Mom that I live half of my life on the 5. My Subaru crosstrek is the PERFECT vehicle for roadtrips, but sadly with a really demanding schedule, the number of roadtrips I get to take now days is limited. Still, in the last few months, I've been able to take three: Joshua Tree, Solvang, and most recently Big Sur (!!!).

Below, are just a few photos (taken mostly with my DSLR) of my adventures.
^^Joshua Tree was SO GREEN. California had been getting so much rain earlier in the year, that all the plants were lush and beautiful. 
Ok, really, I was just there to be Misden's personal photographer, and with a model this great, how could you not!
solvang.
^^Ashtyn! We were in the same ward my last year of school. She's in Santa Barbara for the summer and I am pleasantly surprised with the number of times I've been able to see her this summer. 
big sur.
The next five photos are from Ian's camera! He's a much more experienced photographer than I am, and actually knows what he's doing behind the lens where as I just point, shoot, and get lucky (sometimes).
^^The resulting product of Ian attempting to teach me how to properly use my camera. Why is fire so beautiful??!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.