Sunday, January 27, 2013

Boldness.

I had breakfast on the beach this week, and it was the best thing ever. I went on exchanges to La Porte, TX with Sis Wenzel as my companion. We both started our missions on the same day and we were airplane buddies on the way over. It was a different experience to be teaching in English and even though, I didn't know the background stories of all the people I met in La Porte, I couldn't help but love them. The people we met l o v e d to talk. & During our first appointment I felt a little guilty I was facing the inner struggle of was I feeling impatient for not listening to people, or was I feeling guilty because we weren't sharing any sort of message. I went with the latter and the thought came into my head, "I am a Missionary. A representative of our Savior Jesus Christ, and I have a message to share." At the end of our first day together Sis Wenzel said, "I haven't have as good of lessons since the beginning of the transfer, you've inspired me to be more bold!" I don't feel like I'm that bold of a missionary, but for some reason in La Porte, I understood my purpose, I knew that I had been called by a prophet of God to serve, love, and teach the people here. No matter what area, no matter what circumstance.
I came across this scripture today that really caught my attention, "And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.Acts 4:31" Sometimes I forget the fact that I have been set apart and have been giving a priesthood blessing specifically to do this work. I will be the first to admit, that the work is frightening at time. There are times where I feel a little timid, training has really pushed me to get out of my comfort zone. There was something President Crawford said in my first transfer meeting that has stuck with me. "Where there is comfort there is no growth, The Lord will constantly push you out of your comfort zone so that you can grow beyond what you could imagine." * I have taken the liberty of paraphrasing that.
This week is the last week of the transfer. & I am 99.9% sure that I'm staying in Pasadena and that nothing is changing with our companionship, because I still have six more weeks left in training Hna Tonga. I really want to put into boldness into practice. When all is said and done I will be accountable to the Lord, so why not give the work my heart and soul now so that I can say to him as Paul did, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
Pasadena is tough, but I am determined to prove that I am tougher.
Te amo times a millz.
La Hermanita Flores



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.