Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The scientific method.

The key word for our week: "experiment." After last week's email session, we went and taught Nancy, who's your logical thinker to a T. She understands the inner workings of the Catholic church and is willing to experiment herself. In our Book of Mormon reading towards the beginning of the week we were on Alma 32, and verse 27 caught our attention, 
" But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can place for a portion of my words."
 We had several "experiments" this week. First off! Hallelujah Hna Dedrick did NOT go home. :) We're all very happy here. It was SUCH a close call though, we were literally down to the haywire, and it was an 11th hour decision. But, Hna Dedrick experimented with the power of a priesthood blessing, and it changed things for her. I felt so blessed to witness it. 
  We also experimented with the way we attack our goals. This week, we first took care of all our member presents, then later focused on other and Less-Active recent convert lessons. We ended up teaching the highest amount of lessons that I have taught in this area thus far. 
  I feel like my whole mission is an experiment, sometimes I feel like I'm a guinea pig with this whole age change thing. I feel like the generation of sister missionaries I came out with, we're kind of on this trial run figuring things out as we go. I'm still the Sister Training Leader for the zone in this transfer. There are now, 12 sisters in our zone all the sister companionships in our zone are in trios so that means that I get to go on a whole lot of exchanges. Every sister in the zone is training so that means I'll be going on exchanges with brand new missionaries. I finally feel like an older Hermana & I hit my 9 moth mark this week! :) Starting Wednesday it all goes down hill, time wise that is. 
   Also, I've come to the conclusion that Mormonism is a thinking man's religion. I was talking to my District Leader about this the other day...Mormonism is very logical. What other religion has discussions about deep doctrine or encourages it's members to question their beliefs and experiment for themselves whether what we claim is true or not. The Book of Mormon itself starts with an experiment. In the introduction we're asked to 1. read the Book of Mormon, 2. Ponder in our hearts the message, and 3. Ask God, in the name of Christ if the Book is true. Sounds like an experiment if I ever heard one! The key is to realize that God can not be confined to the logic of man, our ways our not God's ways, and thank goodness for that!

Te amo times a millz.
living legends shout out!
fil-a post district mtg. #siempre
Lauren



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.