Monday, June 9, 2014

Harry Potter Series.


I can't even tell you how great it was to be able to read books again. On Pdays I would go to the library to email and would have an inner struggle that went something like this:

"Oooh! I like that book cover! Love in the time of Cholera, I think that's on my booklist!" 
"STOP! Focus! You're a missionary!" 
"Make a mental note to read that book." 
"Great, now I have to repent for not being purpose driven." 
"How can people be in a library using Facebook when there are books to be read?!?!" 
"Am I being judgy right now?" 

Needless to say I was really happy to be home and not feel guilty for thinking about books and for having a desire to read them. The last book I read before leaving on my mission was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, as in I was reading it up to minutes before I was set apart. So, that's exactly where I picked up with my BBC Booklist Challenge.

I don't think I could ever write a blog post that would do justice to how I feel about Harry Potter. The Harry Potter Series was such a big part of my childhood. I was first introduced to the book when my fourth grade teacher would read a chapter a day to us, not kidding, after chapter one I was hooked.

I consider one of the best days of my childhood life as being the day when I met JK Rowling and got a signed copy of The Deathly Hallows. (!!!!!!!) That really did happen.


I loved the series even more this time through (if that's even possible?)—it felt like I was visiting an old friend.

Below, some of what I picture when I read through the series...


Radom afterthought, am I the only one who pictured the sorcerer's stone being green? I was so bothered when the stone turned out red in the movie. Was that mentioned in the books? I for some always just pictured it being green.

& did anyone else ever notice how much pumpkin they consume in the Wizarding World? You think they'd be sick of it by now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.