Sunday, November 2, 2014

Happy Halloween.

Last Halloween, I was in Baytown. It was a mission-wide apartment deep cleaning day. It was a Thursday which meant we had hour of power (where we knocked on doors for an hour by the home of a member), but because It was Halloween we were told we had to be indoors before dark. I think we got a total of 2 working hours in. It was rainy & very un-festive. (actually I think we may have made pumpkin pancakes for breakfast thanks to a trader Joes mix my mom had sent.)  To make the day somewhat holiday-like, Hna St. John and I decided to officially start listening to Christmas music. 

Considering that was my last Halloween, I was VERY excited for All Hallow's Eve this year.
So much so that I helped decorate the section of carrels right by me...
I made tombstones for everyone who died in my Torts case book.

& after class on Friday, I drove down to Salt Lake for a family Halloween party. 
Family Halloween parties are so much better than any Halloween college party I've ever been to. Maybe it's the Mormon in me, but there's something truly magical about celebrating Halloween with young ones. Seeing my little cousins excitement about the spooky foods that had been prepared, watching them act like the characters they had dressed up, and observing them anticipating the candy they were about to get while trick-or-treating just made me smile. 
My primitas were mesmerized by the spooky cauldrons filled with punch.
We're a very cultural-friendly family, and had no less than 4 saris at our Halloween party. I'm convinced that I need to make a trip to little India when I'm home for Christmas to buy myself one!
My Tía was Frida Kahlo (minus the eyebrows)
Even Chico had a Halloween costume! You can't really tell, but he was definitely Darth Vader. It suits him really well actually. Sometimes he can be kind of evil & moody.
We had Katniss, Sleeping Beauty, Indian Princess #1, Ironman, Indian princess #2, Indian princess #3, Little red Riding Hood, Zoro, Cleopatra, and another princess.
It was also David's birthday so we sang the traditional birthday medley: (happy birthday, feliz cumpleaños a ti, las mañanitas, & queremos pastel)
Julia was getting really annoyed with me trying to take her picture.
The COOLEST house we saw while trick-or-treating!

I'm a big fan of dressing up as Disney Characters with my roommates. So, we bring you the characters of Bambi.
Thumper, Bambi, & Flower.
'Tis the season to be twitterpated!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.