Friday, May 1, 2015

A Package for the 'Greenie'

I have this really ambitious goal of sending Devin a package every month. I know he'll love them, but mostly I really enjoy putting packages together. I'm a natural born planner—planning things brings me happiness. I already have a Pinterest board dedicated to package ideas. 

When I was on my mission my Mom sent me a 'greenie' package. (Greenie is a nickname in mormon culture given to missionaries who are brand spankin' new) I wanted to pass it on so to speak and send my brother a similar package. For the past month every time I've gone to the store I've collected little green things that I find.

I rolled up the message, "Becoming A Consecrated Missionary" by Elder Tad R. Callister and tied it up with some pretty string. Elder Callister came to visit my mission a few times and this message was one that my Mission President had us all read before his visit. The message is about giving your all to the Lord especially when serving him as a missionary. I thought it would be the perfect message to send to my brother as he begins this two year journey. I found the message here.


This is my brother as a cute little missionary at the Mexico City MTC. It's been just over a month since he left and I can't believe that next week he's off to Chile!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.