Monday, October 29, 2018

General Conference 2018 (according to my iPhone)

At the beginning of the month, I took a quick trip to Utah for general conference. I half expected flying into Salt Lake to feel like a homecoming, but it didn't. I was a visitor, no longer a resident.

If you've been following this blog at all, you know that General Conference is a BIG deal for my family. It's a weekend long family reunion where we're both spiritually and physically-fed. I realized that I never posted pictures from April General Conference's festivities. So, you get a double dose of family goodness.

You'll note that Nicole was adopted by my family on both occasions. When you're one of my closest friends, you pretty much become family. Not only is mi casa su casa, but mi familia es su familia.

One of the questions I went into conference with was, "Why California?" The answer came during the Saturday morning session of general conference. There were changes, adjustments announced to the way we worship. A renewed focus on spiritual learning in the home supported by spiritual learning at Church. I felt very strongly that I had come home to help my family implement this new approach. Exciting changes are coming to our family in 2019, like my little brother Ezra leaving on a mission (!!!!). And I felt so powerfully, that as part of his preparation, our family had to raise the bar in our family home evenings and spiritual discussions.

I also think it's no coincidence that I've been called as a Sunday School teacher in my ward at this exact time. There's a renewed focus on Sunday School and there's going to be greater emphasis on preparation and tying home prep with Sunday prep. There's things Heavenly Father needs me to learn about teaching his children, and I am 100% up for the challenge.


April 2018

October 2018

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.