Monday, August 13, 2012

not your typical "farewell."

This Wednesday marks the three week countdown! It's something I can't even comprehend, but am so looking forward to! The precious weeks I've had at home have been filled with as much family bonding time as possible and preparation in all things for the mission. (I got my flight plans to the MTC today :]) This here is a little farewell/open house invite sent to the closest of friends and fondest of family members. 

I've sent these invites far and wide to member and nonmember households alike. A "farewell" is a kind of goodbye in the LDS religion. A leaving missionary leaves the congregation with their last remarks for what may be 18 months or 2 years. While it's typically traditional to have a fiestasita of sorts after a farewell, we decided to do things a little differently at the Flores residence. With the food portion of my farewell held the day before at my humble abode.

I love me a good party, and planning this one has been too much fun.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.