Sunday, May 5, 2013

mission moments.

Every moment is occupied. Mission days have so many details mixed into them. I can't believe that Hna Post & Hna Dedrick have only been here for two weeks. I feel as if we've done so much and had so many experiences together. We had a really great Hour of Power together this past week. Hour of Power is a President Crawford invention. Every Thursday, at 5pm we gather at the home of a member have dinner, and teach a lesson about faith unto miracles, then at 5:50 we ask the head of the household to offer a kneeling prayer so that we or sometimes other missionaries in the field will find someone to teach. Then, from 6-7 we knock the doors of a nearby street. I got really sick on Wed night to Thurs. I had a horrible pressure headache. I could feel fluids moving and getting trapped in tiny vessels under my skin all throughout my face. It was as if I had dived to the bottom of a pool and risen up out of the water too quickly. Or as if the sensation of ears popping during a plane ride was occurring in pockets all over my face. It was awful. After weekly planning, I took a nap to see if my pain would subside. I knew that I for sure wanted to make it out for Hour of Power, because hour of Power is a sure bet for miracles. We had Hour of Power with the Jaimes. I felt so awful during it all. Luckily, not too many people answered their doors. I say luckily because I speak for 90% of the contacts in Spanish that we make, and on thurs I couldn't think in Spanish let alone English. We had no luck during the hour of Power, but at the very end, I told the Hnas that we should walk up and talk to a group of men. We were a bit hesitant and this man called out, "don't be afraid! come talk to us!" Turns out, this man was an inactive member baptized in Mexico 18 years ago. He had even visited the temple in Mexico City, because he was going to marry a girl who was a member. He told us that the standards of the church were too high, that it was tough to follow sometimes. As he was talking to us, a car pulled up and out came Hna Salas, a member from Pasadena 3! I asked it he knew this man, and he said he had just met him that day and was trying to buy a car from him. It was a miracle. We had an appointment, and had to leave, but we left the man in good hands. We went back to the Jaimes to tell them about the miracle, and it turns out that Hna Jaime had been present for a lot of the lessons when Hna Salas was getting baptized. So, Hno Jaime jumped in his car, and drove up the street to talk to Hno Jaime and the man (Carlos A.). I really hope that we can see great things from this mini miracle! On Saturday it was pouring rain. We only taught two lessons, but they were both member presents and they were great. It was a blessing that we were kept safe Saturday. I know that I had the blessing of safety. We were almost crashed into. I was turning left off gulf fwy onto woodridge when this car from the left turn only lane cut me off and forced me to go straight. It was definitely divine protection. One of our two lessons was with Carlos. We normally meet with him outside his trailer, but because it was raining buckets, we set up a ride and had him meet with us at the chapel. Carlos is getting baptized May 11th! It is amazing how he has been prepared. He readily accepts everything that we teach him, and his face lit up the first time he saw a picture of President Monson. Everything about meeting/teaching Carlos has been a miracle.


I love this work, and I love y'all! 
Hna Flores



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.