Wednesday, December 11, 2013

inner liahona...

So many things to comment on, and I'll try to make it all coherent. As of late, Hna St. John and I have been talking a whole lot about obedience. Obedience is the mark of a missionary. As a mission there are all these little guidelines we should be adhering to (i.e. washing the car every Monday, going to the store only on Pday, the music we listen to, etc). What's been surprising for me is to see how sometimes missionaries "pretend" they don't know the rules.

We all have an inner Liahona. We all have the gift of the Holy Ghost the difference is that sometimes we conveniently choose to ignore it or we choose to drown out the promptings we receive with justifications. Often times we "talk ourselves out of doing the right thing..." On observation we made is that really, how obedient a missionary is on the mission correlates with how well said missionary followed the guidelines of the ever classic booklet, "For the Strength of Youth". I never had made the connection up until now. My mission has embedded in me even more strongly the desire to do what's right. I have the desire to do what's right because I love my Father in Heaven and know that therein lies the key to true happiness. I feel that my mission has caused me to feel what the people of King Benjamin felt,

"...Yea, we believe all the words which thou has spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually." (Mosiah 5:2)

I'm not perfect! But I'm trying to be through patience in the Lord.

Not last week, but the week before I mentioned Katrina. She was a referral from a friend in Pennsylvania and came to the branch's thanksgiving dinner. good news and then not so good news. Good news! Katrina is progressing so well! She loves and has accepted everything we teach her. The spirit is always so strong in her lessons. Not so good news! Katrina is leaving this Thursday to the Dominican Republic for a month. :( Katrina has however accepted a baptismal date for February 1st and depending on when she gets back exactly that date could get bumped up! We are praying that she comes back sooner rather than later. :]

I love y'all!
Hna Flores

Hna Mellor and I were on exchanges so that we could drive up to MLC together. We had a gift exchange for Zone Pday, we were blessed with these shirts.
Outside the mission home. :] Classic. Also, the stripped shirt has become my lucky MLC shirt!
Hna Tonga is an STL now! Like Mother, like daughter. :]
MLC, love everyone in this photo. Especially the couple up front! Mission Parents, lo mejor! 
District Christmas photos. :]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.