Thursday, February 18, 2016

a sweet escape.

I have been wanting to road trip to California since I first started at BYU as a freshman. That dream was finally realized this past weekend. Everything seemingly fell into place and it was all perfect! We left Thursday night and got to my house in record time thanks to Scott's driving skills. The weather was abnormally warm and beach-perfect beautiful. As Seth put so eloquently, "I asked Heavenly Father for a girlfriend for Valentines Day, but instead he gave me the next best thing—beautiful weather.

We got to my house at around 2:30am slept for a little bit and then headed to my uncle's house in Huntington Beach. The tide was strong, and I was knocked over by the force of a wave once. We basked in the sunlight, ate good food, played games, soaked in a hot tub, and told stories over a fire. Perfection.

On Saturday we spent the day at Knott's Berry Farm. My family has passes, and there's a special going on right now where tickets are only $40 in support of Breast Cancer awareness. holla. I was surprised that the park wasn't completely packed, we got to go on all the rides we wanted to!
^^ One of my favorite things about Knott's is that there are special areas in the park dedicated to Mexican-American and Native American heritage!
On Sunday, there was a tiny bit of a misunderstanding on my part. I didn't realize that the whole state of California was having a broadcast, and so we showed up to my singles ward only to find the broadcast playing in the chapel. We sat on the stage and at least got to listen to the last hour of the broadcast. #blessings
^^No clue what I'm doing, but I love this picture. 
^^because why would we not drive with the window down when the weather was THAT good!?!?!
^^My Mom made the cutest Valentine's day spread and Scott and Kyra turned into paparazzi.
Later on Valentine's Day, everyone decided they really wanted to see my hometown of Compton/the home where I grew up in. I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss Compton. Every time I set foot in Compton I instantly feel like I'm at home. It just feels right, you know? The city is so much a part of me and who I am. I feel extremely lucky to call Compton home. 
There's this huge Obama mural on the side of city hall that they painted right after President Obama's first administration. I love it because it's quintessentially Compton. After our Compton escapade, we went to Long Beach, and just spent time on the beach enjoying the beauty of the sunset. I love home. 


^^We stopped at the Bellagio Gardens on the way back to Provo (For the record, I'm not a huge fan of Vegas and if I can, I'll avoid having to go there again). The greatest Cali crew I could ask for!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.