Monday, August 27, 2018

the party of the year

For months now, our family has been talking about Uncle Job's 60th birthday bash. Family from Utah would be coming into town. What began as a one day event turned into the ultimate mini-family reunion plus primos vacation!

I didn't take as many pictures as I had originally planned to, probably because I was busy having too much fun (plus helping around at all the events and catching up with family I don't get to see that often).

The weekend included hanging out at Uncle Job's house in Huntington Beach, celebrating Uncle Job's 60th birthday party at his wonderful birthday bash, having family over at our house for Sunday dinner, and finally a family day at Disneyland.

We are used to having big family gatherings in Utah, so it was nice to be able to host the people we love so much here at home in California. :)
My cousins Breanna, Matt, and Amanda. My family is all sorts of complicated. Technically, Matt is my first half-cousin, and Breanna and Amanda are our first half cousins once removed (their dad's are my first cousins), but since we're all roughly the same age and went to the same family gatherings growing up, I just knew them as cousins.
With cousin Benji! Benji is a Quesada cousin, can't you tell? I feel like him and Devin look so much alike!
There will be no cake at my future wedding, only glorious pan dulce from San Antonio bakery. 
With my primita Raquel!
You guys! The monte cristo sandwich at Disneyland!! Why was this my first time having it?!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.