Sunday, March 14, 2010

Confessions of a Teenage drama queen, right about something.





pink journal [Friday May 26, 2006 - Wednesday April 8, 2009]
brown journal [Thursday April 09, 2009 - Sunday January 24, 2010]
blue journal [Tuesday January 26, 2010 -...]

This sunday I visited my dear friend from the dorms, Michael Ann McKinlay's ward.
After church we headed to the dorms to pick up her car & I was hit with full-frontal nostalgia.
The cannon center, Taylor Hall, the spot where I would lay out to study on warm days...
I wouldn't call it depressing, more like heart-warming.
I wanted to relive those moments so bad, so I turned to my journals.

I will warn you now and say that this is a PLUG for journaling.
I'm addicted to it.

There's this passage from the book, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen about journaling, something along the lines of, "I don't want to forget more than I already have to" and so Lola, the main character journals every night.
I'm not that consistent, but I'm pretty darn good.
Journals have been coming up a lot lately, in my D&C class, in church, life in general.
I'm working on my fourth complete one right now....
I love being able to read about:
getting into BYU
Prom.
graduation.
first day of college.
leaving home.

here's to the many memories to come.

All of my ,
Lauren

2 comments:

Li-Sha said...

loooooooooove this :) journals are great. i just love them. i always buy composition notebooks and then decorate the cover and get them spiral bound. journaling is fun :D

D. Watts said...

i need to journal more! lets have journal time next year :)

yes.

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.