Wednesday, April 14, 2010

major love for my major.


Growing up, I was the little girl who wanted to do it all. My mom had me enrolled in choir, dance classes, swimming lessons, i had a brief stint with ice skating, science summer camps, and piano lessons.

I hated it then, and a bit in high school when I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with my life, but I realized something today.

I interviewed Lee Braithwaite today, professor of Marine Biology here at BYU. I was seriously considering Marine Biology at one point in my life, that along with forensics, but I was interviewing him as a print journalism student. As I left his ridiculously cool office, I realized that I am in the perfect major.

My major allows me to be passionate about all the things I love. I get to interview people who discover dinosaur bones, blog about slang and stereotypes, and people who travel to the jungles of Guatemala to learn about the ancient Maya. Everytime I interview someone, I get this little thought in my head like, "maybe I should major in that," but I realize that it's just because I'm able to be passionate about things other people are passionate about.

My major is the best I must say, because for the day, I get to be an expert on a certain subject and only on the interesting parts. I get to be an expert on things, without actually going to school and studying them. I am blessed & I'm downright smitten-in love.
May you all find your perfect major/ career in life.

All of my ,
Lauren

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.