Sunday, December 4, 2011

Four Corners Tour: Day 2 Gallup, NM

Katie and I's cute host mom and sister!
We left Holbrook, AZ bright and early at 7:00 am, made a quick stop at Monument Valley where we got out for pictures. Daniela and Carlos and I planked on the open road, sadly I don't have a picture of that, but it did indeed happen.

The performance was held at Gallup High School in one of the most beautiful auditoriums I have ever seen. Our Gallup show will always have a special place in my heart. Before the show, I ran to the bathroom and was deeply humbled when I saw the massive lines that had formed outside the auditorium.

There was a lot going on backstage before the show but as soon as I had finished setting up my costumes and had gotten dressed in my opening number, I decided to take a quiet moment and read The Book of Mormon. We're reading The Book of Mormon together as a group and I happened to be in Alma 13 on the night of our performance. We're constantly told in practice that ultimately, our purpose as a group is to bring others to Jesus Christ.

I found a quiet spot in the classroom where we had our green room and read the following verses:
"22. Yea, and the voice of the Lord, by the mouth of angels, doth declare it unto all nations; yea, doth declare it, that they may have glad tidings of great joy; yea, and he doth sound these glad tidings among all his people, yea, even to them that are scattered abroad upon the face of the earth; wherefore they have come unto us.
23. And they are made known unto us in plain terms, that we may understand, that we cannot err; and this because of our being wanderers in a strange land; therefore, we are thus highly favored, for we have these glad tidings declared unto us in all parts of our vineyard."

I felt unspeakable calmness after reading this and it left me determined to try and share my testimony about the gospel of Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon even more powerfully through my dancing in the show.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.