Monday, July 22, 2013

even when it's bad it's good

This week was a bit of a speed bump. But at the end of the day, I love my mission so much, so it makes up for all of it. As long as I have an eternal perspective it's a ok. It also helped that I had a ton of mail this week! Thank you for that. :)  I felt really impressed on Monday to devote more time to studying Christlike Attributes, especially humility. President Crawford is always throwing around the phrase, "humility is teachability." I know it's definitely something to work on. I'm working on fine-tuning everything. We recently (yesterday) discovered that we have Preach My Gospel on audio CDs and so since then we've put them on in the car, pausing when we feel there is a point we like, or we find something to work on. 

During Personal study this Friday I found my new favorite Bible chapter 1 Peter 2. vs 17-21. But I especially loved vs. 20-21. "For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:"

I am not a martyr. This I know, but on the hard days, it's reassuring to hear the above words. I am not perfect, I have many flaws and faults. & I am working on them!

This week we had a wonderful member present with a young part member family couple we are working with, Ashley & N. Ashley is investigating the church, N. is a less active member of 10+ years. N. and his family were a bit offended at church, we are working hard to repair the damage. We took a younger couple from our ward, and they were able to bear powerful testimony of the blessings of the gospel. Ashley is progressing so well. Last night she sent us a text telling us that 1 Nephi 13 reminded her of "scientology and Tom Cruise." It made us chuckle. 

During the lesson, we went over the restoration. We had previously taught Ashley, but not N. When it came time for the Joseph Smith story, instead of reciting it (I don't have it memorized in English) we played the latest Mormon message (origin.
http://www.mormonchannel.org/mormon-messages-for-youth?v=2505987918001) on their iPad. It was such a powerful tool! It will be such a marvelous thing when missionaries can readily have this at their disposal. We are working to get N. more enthusiastic about coming to church! We fasted this weekend and tonight we're hoping for a miracle.
QuickMissionAntojitos:
-We have a new district! E. Mallard (who was in my district in Pasadena) is our DL.
- We met with Marcos Araujo and he recognizes the spirit, but we just need to connect the peace he feels with the message we share. 
- We're trying to get Byron to meet with us more than once a week because we know it'll help him progress immensely.
-Also, trying something new this week. Putting the pressure on members to find investigators, because sadly, it's a bit difficult to do on our own! Trying to apply creativity in finding through members. 

te amo!


so sorry! All I have for this week is a picture of my transfer 7 planner. Lo siento. BUT, I am going on two exchanges this week! So, I vow to take pictures then!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.