Saturday, October 17, 2015

half 1.

Progress! I'm not giving a whole month update, just a half month (& two days, but 'meh!'). The leaves are changing colors outside! I feel like it was just this week though that we saw them here in Provo in all their glory. Although, it's been pretty warm these days. I've only worn a sweater like twice, and really it was because I wanted something to snuggle in in my freezing classrooms. 

This month started with LC's birthday! There was a little birthday party for her with some delicious muffins and a pineapple upside down cake. 
I had probably more fun than I should have buying her a little present, and also, isn't that birthday card the greatest, slightly Mexican thing you've seen?
Last Friday, we had a friends dinner up the canyon and snuggled and collected leaves. We ended our night at the Provo Beach Resort—our stake had rented it out for an activity. Mostly we were there for dole whips. 
Oh! & Franc came to visit!!!!! I had this sensation of worlds colliding as I gave him a tour of BYU campus. He maybe wants to move to Utah. It was such a neat thing to give him (and one of his friends who it turns out is a member of the church) a tour of BYU and watch them be filled with so much wonder at the campus. It helped me to appreciate BYU, appreciate the Spirit of the Y if you will, appreciate the difference that having a honor code environment brings to your life. 
I fell in love all over again with my school.
We met up with Franc's friends at Provo Towne Center where there was some serious shopping going on! I then directed them to Ross and we ended up going to Applebees. I unfortunately was SUPER sick during the whole thing and while normally a late night outing wouldn't be that bad, I was dealing with leaky eyes, a leaky nose, and a horrible sinus headache. Not my favorite conditions for meeting awesome Argentines. Mostly I love the following photos because...

#1 how I was really feeling inside.
#2 How I pretended to feel inside
'Tis the season to carve pumpkins! :) My Family Home Evening group currently doesn't have leaders ("parents") assigned, so we've established ourselves as Orphans. We've made our own Facebook page and plan our own activities. We decided we'd carve pumpkins and Chase (in the hat) volunteered to make us yummy kettle corn (fue muy delicioso!). I'd say for Orphans we're doing pretty good!
The pre-stages of my Pocahontas pumpkin. It was browning for some reason, but then I put lemon juice all over it!
Mostly I love this pumpkin because Chase made it to look like Jesse
Charles accidentally threw away the top to my pumpkin and was went dumpster diving to retrieve it. Seriously, top notch. 
I sort of stayed up till 1:30 am carving my pumpkin. I tend to get really carried away invested when it comes to pumpkin carvings. Case in point, the last pumpkin I carved
Hopefully it's not another two weeks before I post again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.