Tuesday, April 26, 2016

YELLOWSTONE.

It all began on Taco Tuesday, as all good stories must. 

Alyssa, Kelly, and I went to Don Joaquin's last Tuesday and ate tacos on the lawn in front of the HFAC. Somewhere in the conversation I mentioned off-handedly that the National Parks were free that week. The conversation went a little something like this: Kelly said, "I have family that lives an hour outside of Yellowstone." Lys continued, "Oh, we should go." All of us:"No, really we should go!" We made plans to head on the road right after Jalynn's wedding in Salt Lake.

We lucked out BIG TIME! The park was relatively empty and we had perfect almost fall-like weather. The clouds hung low and there was slight rain, but it was beautiful. Nothing like a little gloomy skies + some Bon Iver & First-Aid Kit to make you feel at one with nature. 
Megan's one big wish in Yellowstone was to find bison. We pulled over at the first sight of bison only to realize later that there was bison in the park for days! 
^^reppin' my city!
^^I couldn't get over this DANGER sign! That cartoon boy with the fannypack—flashback to the '90s.
The crew. Kelly's cousin Derek was kind enough to drive us around Yellowstone. He was a true gem! Kelly also made us take pictures with all of us facing one side. Apparently, this is how Kelly's fam takes pictures on every family vacation. Just trying to be like the Robins!
^^Kel definitely fell while trying to dance on the boardwalk of a gyser while we were trying to film a segment of our trip music video [comin' at you soon!]. She saw this sign AFTER falling.
Old Faithful!!! We definitely tried to get everyone around us to clap after Old Faithful shot up his famous streams of water. I think we had about ten people join in our chorus of applause.
YAAAAAAAS!
Kelly's Yellowstone dream was to see a grizzly bear. She asked all of us to say prayers that we would see one. Literally as we were about to leave the park, we saw a handful of cars pulled to the side. We thought it had to be bison, but then I spotted it..."BEAR!" Needless to say, Kel was plenty excited (see below).
On Sunday, we went on a nature walk in the forest behind Kelly's fam's house. Guys, I never knew Idaho could be such an enchanting place! While I still wouldn't say I'd love to live there, I'll definitely consider visiting there frequently. So, if one of my family members decides to move to Idaho, I won't be mad!
^^Meg definitely got tree sap all over her leggings from sitting on the tree stump two pictures above. Classic. 
^^Just getting comfy on the air mattress. I loved having these girls with me in the mountains. It was fun to just escape the bubble that is Provo for even just a little weekend. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.