Monday, March 31, 2014

homecoming soiree.

I'm easing back into my past life of normalcy. This includes, but is not limited to my past fiesta throwing ways. My mom was kind enough to give me a few nudges encouraging me to help her with the little details of a homecoming soiree she had been planning for me. 

I'm still not ready for huge gatherings, so we made the event small inviting coworkers and high school friends. Everything was simple we mostly used things we already had lying around. My parents found the cart in the first picture below just chillin' on the side of the street waiting to be thrown away. They managed to save it and give it a wonderful new home.

Originally my parents were thinking of having hamburgers, and y'all know how obsessed I am with hamburgers (<3 <3 <3), but I suggested we go with the BBQ classic of pulled pork sandwiches. We had a menu that will make your mouth water: coleslaw, mac & cheese, french fries, baked beans, and a 4 ingredient peach cobbler I found online. 

My friend Jen as soon as she stepped outside to our backyard looked at the set up and then turned to me and said, "Yup. You're back!" 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.