Monday, September 1, 2014

Starting Again.

Coming back to school felt so different this time around, mostly because I feel different.
 I drove to school this time around whereas all my undergrad years I had strategically packed all of my belongings into Southwests' two baggage limit.My dad and I left home early one morning at around 4:30am, and I'll admit I was feeling a little apprehensive. I can trace the moment I started to get excited about moving back to Provo to when I saw this sign somewhere along 1-15 in Southern Utah.
This is home for the next year. 
It's been surprising how detached I am from main campus.
I don't know how to feel about that exactly?
Hna Duchene (we served together, but never really near each other) & I getting our keys for our carrels. Carrels are assigned study desks, but I really like to think of them of the grown up version of the lockers in High School.
Sometimes, we go to fancy pants events like the Founder's Day dinner at the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake. Steve Young spoke this year, but the highlight of my night was definitely going up to say "hi" to Elder Dallin H. Oaks and Elder Callister. I was flustered throughout it all, and I couldn't tell you for the life of me what I said. I just hope whatever I said was somewhat coherent.

Everything about law school feels so right, and I am so grateful for the constant feelings of certification that I have had this week that I am exactly where I need to be. This is so very different from undergrad. Our 1L classes are assigned to us (this semester I have Torts, Legal Research & Writing, Property, Contracts, and two electives), much like high school. 

We're all placed into these sections of about 25 people for our Legal Research & Writing (LR&W) class and then we have all our classes with our section. Our professors like to say that our LR&W class is like our homeroom class, and they constantly are telling us that these people will become our best friends for the next three years.With how much time we spend with one  another, that's pretty easy to believe! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.