Wednesday, August 5, 2015

5th Water Hot Springs.

The heat just feels so good on my skin. I crave to be outside at all times. & the mountains here in Utah are unreal! I definitely have outdoorsy goals (I'm looking at you timp!) Before my mission i'll admit, I was a bit of a Utah hater, but I've come to learn to love wherever I am whenever I'm there. 

A couple of weekends ago, I went with friends up Diamond Fork canyon to the 5th water hot springs. Hot springs? In the summer? Yes! We started our hike at the perfect time in the early evening. It was kind of funny though, because as we started the 2.5 mi hike we ran into several people who looked SO worn out, they would ask us, "how much longer till the end???" I'm not going to lie, I was a bit worried at this point, but it turned out to not be bad at all!
This waterfall was a dream! Maybe I don't go to school in Hawaii, but I will take what I can get!
^^I had a little memory flashback to childhood days when my dad would collect smooth stones to use in the shower for scrubbing. We started exfoliating away. Kaede was so fascinated, "why do we pay for pedicures when we can do this??" :)
the water color was unbelievable!
We ended our adventure with shaved ice from Yuki at the Riverwoods. We just think the owner Brian is the coolest and most sincere vendor around. He always has a smile on his face. When I placed my order he said, "I remember you! You're the habanero girl!" You see, last time we came here, I asked for a sample of the habanero flavor. Apparently it's ridiculously hot, but since I've built up an immunity to chile from years of spicy food it really was just a nice little kick. :)
This time around I had hibiscus (jamaica) and tamarindo. :) There's something about those Mexican flavors, they get me every time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lovely little letter.